I shared in my stories on Instagram today about my Hashimotos and a big ‘ol concoction of goodness to help boost my wellness. Many of you asked for the mix. Here’s the “recipe”. I use that term loosely as this is 100% my own mix that I put together. Now, you will see that if you buy all of these things for the first time together, it will be SUPER expensive! The mix will last months and months because you are only putting in a little bit a day. If I had to pick 3 things, it would be collagen, MCT oil, and Rose Hip powder as the main purpose of this mix is to help with inflammation and restore brain function. Fuzzy brain has been a symptom of my Hashimotos.
2. 6 oz Rose Hip Powder Researchers identify tiliroside, an active ingredient in Rosehips, to be responsible for the fat-reducing properties of the fruit. This compound accelerates fat metabolism and improves the body’s utilisation of glucose, which prevents fat from building up in the tissue and triggers fat burning. In addition, tiliroside also possesses anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties. (source here)
4. 6 oz Sunflower Lecithin Many of the phospholipids that combine to make sunflower lecithin play a key role in brain health, helping your body to produce and strengthen brain and nerve cells, plus the fatty acids in sunflower lecithin support nerve tissue and neurotransmitter function. Lecithin is also known as a fat emulsifier, which the body can use to remove excess fats from the bloodstream, supporting healthy cholesterol levels. -Amazon description (but Trim Healthy Mama talks about it a lot)
5. 16 oz Beet Root Powder -lowers blood pressure, improves workouts, fights inflammation, high in fiber, Interestingly, the nitrates in beets may improve mental and cognitive function by promoting the dilation of blood vessels and thus increasing blood flow to the brain (source here)
6. MCT Oil I add 1 Tablespoon in drink when making it daily. (if you are new to MCT oil, start with a tsp)
7. Stevia to sweeten the drink.
- Mix all these together into one big container.
- Put 1.5 to 2 scoops of into any drink (bigger drink, I add a little more). The scoop I use is from the collagen container.
- I brew 2 raspberry tea bags in 4 oz of boiling water. Remove tea bags.
- Pour powder mix into hot water to allow it to dissolve.
- Pour hot liquid/powder mix over ice to make an iced tea.
- ‘Add cold water to desired strength.